Your individuals' rights to privacy and confidential information are important us.
2. What is 'personal information'?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- 3. Why do we collect your personal information? We collect your personal information for the purposes of providing you the Services. Providing your personal information means we are able to contact you if there are any problems with the Services or Content you have posted in a listing. We also collect your personal information to help operate the Site, resolve disputes, enable us to post your contact details so that you can be contacted in relation to your listings, collect fees and to keep the Site protected from misuse. If you do not provide us with personal information we may not be able to provide you access to the Site or provide you the Services.
4. What kinds of personal information do we collect?
Generally, the kinds of personal information we collect include:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- The name of your business
- Telephone number
- Email address
- 5. How we collect your personal information Generally, we collect your personal information directly from you. For example when you register as a User, you need to provide us with your personal information. Additionally, we may collect personal information in any listing you post. We or our service providers may also place "cookies" (small files placed on the hard drive of your computer) and “web beacons” (electronic images placed in the web page code) on your computer when you visit some parts of the Site. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive when you close your browser. We may use permanent or session cookies to help analyse web page flow, customise services, content and advertising and promote trust and safety. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser, but doing so may hinder your use of some of our services. In some cases, cookies can provide information to identify a person. This helps us to personalise features of the Site and to improve the Services we provide you. There may be occasions when we collect your personal information from other sources such as from other users who provide us with a referral or complaint.
6. Who will we disclose your personal information to?
We disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it. That is, generally, only to enable you to access the Site, receive the Services and improve the operation of the Site.
Certain personal information you provide us (such as your user name and contact details) and the content of your listing you post on the Site will be publicly available. You consent to the disclosure of these matters by us to the general public.
To provide the Services we may disclose your information to third parties that we engage to perform administrative or other services. This disclosure is always on a confidential basis.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or external services providers
- Third parties authorised by you to receive information we hold
- A Principal Racing Authority including Racing Queensland, Harness Racing South Australia, HRNSW, HRV and HRA.
- As required or permitted by law (including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth))
- 7. Security of your personal information We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases accessible only to authorised staff.
- 8. Marketing We do not sell, rent or trade personal information about you to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. As part of providing the Services to you, we may collect your personal information to give you the option of receiving our updates and publications, and to invite you to participate in offers related to the Site or other sites operated by us. You agree to receive these communications from us unless you tell us that you would prefer not to receive them. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your preference by following the directions provided in the communication.
- 9. Links to other websites Links to other websites and third party resources may be provided from the Site. You acknowledge that we cannot and do not control the content of these websites and they do not form part of the Site. Different privacy rights and obligations may apply to those websites.
- 10. Can you access the personal information we hold about you? You have the right to access the personal information we collect and hold about you. If at any time you would like to access or change your details, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact us. In most cases, a summary of your personal information, such as your name and contact details, is available for no fee. If providing you with access to specific personal information requires a more detailed retrieval of your information, a fee may be charged for the cost of the retrieval and supply of that information. If we propose a fee, we will give you an estimate of the fee so you can confirm you still want us to provide you access to the personal information.
- 11. Your obligations You may use personal information gathered from the Site and the Services only to contact another User about a specific listing, not to send spam or collect personal information from someone who has not consented to that.
12. How to make further enquires or complain about a breach of privacy?
We have an appointed Privacy Compliance Officer to assist you with any inquiries, complaints or feedback you may have in how we manage your personal information. Please refer to the contact details below in 'How to contact us'.
If you make a complaint to us, we will acknowledge your complaint in 14 days and will advise you whether we require further information to assist us in resolving your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response or determination to your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Director of Compliance: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 Phone: 1300 363 992
13. How to contact us
Write to us Standardbredtrader, PO Box 300 Gladesville, NSW 1675, Australia Email us email@example.com Call us 1300 078 237